Alphabet in English
Objectives of today’s lesson:
In this lesson, Learn English with Julia presents to you “Alphabet in English”, in order for you to:
- be able to spell words
- feel confident taking notes in the IELTS listening exam
- be able to write down acronyms
- not confuse certain vowels or consonants
Hi guys and welcome to the alphabet review!
The modern English alphabet consists of 26 characters. It is a Latin alphabet.
These 26 letters exist both in majuscule forms and minuscule forms.
Now, majuscule forms are also referred to as capital letters or uppercase.
And minuscule forms are referred to as lowercase or small letters. Now be careful with the vowels A, E, I, O, U. People sometimes confuse A, E and I. O and U are less problematic. So try and associate “I” (the letter i) with “I” the pronoun, the personal pronoun. “E” is like “Egypt” and A is like A for “Apple”. “A” for “Ape”.
So, A, E, I, O, U are the vowels and the consonants are quite easy in comparison.
Keywords listed in English:
- the alphabet, the ABC
- 26 characters
- a Latin alphabet.
- majuscule forms and minuscule forms
- majuscule forms, capital letters or uppercase
- minuscule forms, lowercase or small letters
- vowels A, E, I, O, U